Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Arrogant to the End



Does it strike anybody else as extra-arrogant? For example:

I also know that as a public servant I, and the remarkable people with whom I worked, have accomplished a great deal. Absolutely! It's been an amazing run as Guv. Really, super-duper.

I go forward with the belief, as others have said, that as human beings, our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Yes, Elliot, yes! This is really a glorious moment for you, your wife and just everybody. Rise, Elliot, rise!

As I leave public life, I will first do what I need to do to help and heal myself and my family. Me first! Catch the video on youtube to get the emphasis here.

Then I will try once again, outside of politics, to serve the common good and to move toward the ideals and solutions which I believe can build a future of hope and opportunity for us and for our children. Thanks for the heads-up, Client 9. Glad you have your eye on the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home